Meruert Karmenova was born in 1993 in Pavlodar. She started studying violin at the Tchaikovsky Music School.
From 2004 to 2012, she studied at the Moscow secondary special school named after Gnesiny. In 2012, she entered the Moscow State Conservatory named after Tchaikovsky and graduated from it in 2017. Now she is a graduate assistant at the Moscow Conservatory (professor - Tatiana Berkul).
Meruert Karmenova is Laureate of international competitions: In 2007, she won the 2nd prize of The II International Competition of violinists – D. F. Oistrakh in Moscow;
- In 2008, the first prize at the II International Violin Competition in Kazakhstan (Astana). In 2010 the 1 st prize at the VII International Competition of Musicians "Symphony" in Volgograd and the 1 st prize at the VI International Violin Competition – L. van Beethoven in Austria.
- In 2012, the 1st prize of the XVIII Tolyatti International Competition of Music Performers, the 1 st prize of the XVIII Open competition of musicians – N. Sabitov, and the 1st prize of the VI Demidov International Youth Violin Competition "De Mux" in Ekaterinburg.
- In 2013 the 2nd prize of the V International D. Oistrakh violin competition in Moscow.
- In 2014, the 4th prize of the 33 International Violin Competition Premio Rudolfo Lipizer (Italy, Gorizia).
- In 2016 the 5th prize of the VI International Violin Competition in Sendai (Japan), and the 3d prize of The II International Violin Competition Oleg Krusa in Ukraine.
- In 2017, the 1st prize of The European Music Games competition in Kazakhstan,Astana.
- In 2018, the 1st prize and special prize for the best interpretation of a work by a contemporary composer Alexey Shor "Riga Classic Strings" competition in Riga – Latvia.
In September 2018, she has been artist in residence at the Music Chapel, under the guidance of Augustin Dumay.